Wednesday, May 6, 2020

My Trip To Mukteshwar, Uttrakhand


mukteshwar trips
                                  Pic: A still image from My trip to Mukteshwar

Whenever I want an escape from my hectic job, I always plan to travel to a peaceful place on this earth land in India only (as I love my country). This was the time around in September last year (2019) when I was bored of my routine life, so I decided to move on to someplace in Uttarakhand.  Uttrakhand is always known for its famous places like Nainital, Mussoorie, Rishikesh, and a lot of other places. But this time I wanted to explore a new place.
                                         So someone told me to visit Mukteshwar. I said "Aisa kya h wha ghumne ko ? ".  He said "Bhai it's still untouched and a peaceful place, you can experience wonderful scenic views of mountains and nature. I thought yes, "yhi to chahiye Mujhe, ek aisi jagah jhaa thodi shanti ho". The very next moment I ranged my best friends and asked them about my plan on the upcoming weekend to go to Mukteshwar. But they were busy in their life so I decided to go alone.

Things to do in Mukteshwar :-

  • Ziplining
  • Swimming in a chilled waterfall
  • visit Mukteshwar Dham temple
  • visit Bhimtal lake on way to Mukteshwar

Where did I booked my journey and stay?

I was checking out on google about booking my journey and stay at a good hotel, then I came across a very good package offer from travel triangle for Mukteshwar.  I just can not believe the prices they were offering. I have booked other trips from different package providers but this time prices were comparatively better.
                   I immediately booked my trip for one person that's means I was traveling alone. My plan consisted of stay in a 4-star hotel (it was a good stay), various destinations visits like choli ki jali, Mukteshwar Dham temple (be prepared to go lots of stairs up and do reach there before sunset to get iconic sunset view),  for adventures you can try ziplining, you can go and swim in the chilled waterfall (it was deep, you should take life jackets available to buy there).
                

Beginning of Journey: First Day 

I packed my bags; only kept some necessary items like few clothes, some medicines, and my swimming shorts, as I have planned to swim in the waterfall no matter the level of water was chilled.
                                              My journey started on Friday night at around 11pm by a private cab which I have booked personally through a travel agency for all the trips and travel required. I reached to my booked Hotel by 7:45am in the morning. The Hotel was more the expected in reality.
Click me

                                                       Pic : My Hotel and room View


                            Pic: our balcony view of hotel room
   I did my registration and paper works, then I was handed over my room keys. Firsts of all I took a bath as i was tired a lot then After having a delicious breakfast, I took some rest. Around 11am i was ready to explore all the adventures i have planned in my checklist.

So, our first place was Mukteshwar Dham temple and chauli ki jali. I left my room around 11:15am and reached the Temple in around one and half hour (no no !! there was no traffic there actually the driver lost his way). To reach the temple at the top i had to climb so many stairs but it was manageable.
                                      After visiting the temple, i went to see chauli ki jali( you can see in pic below). there was a traditional belief there that who don't have their child come to wish for child. I don't know the truth although.
                          Pic: chauli ki jali (see the hole in the rock, that's it )

Suddenly, the weather turned hazy and there was a lot of clouds covered us (me and other tourists).
As it was not good idea to do ziplining in this weather so we decided to wait for some time; till then I enjoyed some Meggi and local dish (taste was like I am eating dal chawal of Bihar) from a local shop.

After some time weather got clear and i was ready to do adventurous ziplining (although I was scared). you can see the video below and should definitely try when you got the chance to have it.


Second Day: The Waterfall and Bhimtal lake

After this we moved for our next spot that is waterfall when i was waiting to do swimming in clear and pure water coming from the mountains.  At the entrance there was a ticket counter so i had to purchase tickets for me, actually, the waterfall was deep inside the jungle so the ticket counter man warned the visitors to beware of bears (Bhalu). the guide with us took some sticks and asked us to follow him. we reached the waterfall after walking some 2 km inside the jungle.



Pic : Waterfall in Mukteshwar, Uttrakhand

There was a changing tent available near the waterfall to change and swim. you can also purchase life jackets if you don't know swimming and still wanna enjoy the water games.

Note:-  The waterfall is deep if you go far so please take jackets for safety.

It took my whole day as i was enjoying so much there, it was 3pm when i returned back from there. then again, I reached to my hotel around 5pm. I need to leave the room the same night to head back to my home.


                     On the way back, we stopped near Bhimtal lake which was attractive at night, to have dinner. we easily found a good hotel there. A walk after dinner along with some cold breeze was amazing. Again we started moving back to the place where we started our journey and reached by 8am in the morning.

That all for this trip guys, I hope you liked this blog and keep reading my blog to get more travel diaries like this. Thank you for reading till the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment